The Debate Society at Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, NMIMS, Mumbai invites registrations for the fourth edition of Loquitur, International Asian Parliamentary Debating Championship.
The Kirit P. Mehta School of Law (KPMSOL) of SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed-to-be-University) established in the year 2013 approved by the Bar Council of India aims to provide quality legal education in order to meet the aforementioned challenges. We at Kirit P. Mehta School of Law inculcate and nourish all the professional virtues in a well-calculated and planned manner, without undermining the ‘societal values’. The academics and support mechanism in Kirit P. Mehta School of Law is to facilitate all the determined students to give their best so as to be the ‘Best’ when it comes to the application of theory in practice. The ‘Legal Skills’ built by KPMSOL during the 5 years period should enrich a student to convert challenges into ‘benchmark’ in the legal world and withstand economic, social, political, and judicial scrutiny
About the Event
Loquitur is an Asian Parliamentary Debate Tournament conducted by the Debate Society at NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law. In its fourth edition, Loquitur consistently facilitates balanced motions, quality adjudicators, and a stellar international Core Adjudication Panel consisting of Daryl Isla from the Philippines, Arghya Dev Biswas Aryan from Bangladesh, LinseyKeur from the Netherlands, and Rahul Datta from India.
Students from any discipline can take part in this competition.
Zoom + Discord
Asian Parliamentary Debate
Prizes up for Winning Team, Runners’ Up Team, Top 8 Breaking Teams, Best Speaker.
Prize pool to be announced shortly.
- Speakers must register in teams of three. The registration fee for each speaker is INR 600.
- If all members of the team are from the same institution, they can register under the ‘Institutional Team’ category.
- If one or more members of the team are from different institutions, they can apply as a cross-team.
- Adjudicators must apply through the independent adjudicator form. Remuneration for adjudicators is on the basis of their credentials.
- You can register at loquitur.nmims.edu.
- Registrations close on March 22, 11:59 PM IST.
- Once you’ve registered, you shall be sent an e-mail confirming your allotment along with payment details.
If you have any queries, please drop in an e-mail to loquitursol[at]gmail.com or you can alternatively get in touch with:
- KshitijKasi (Co-Head Registrations): +91 96863 72397
- Jaanvi Chopra (Co-Convener): +91 97736 90511
Kindly refer Legal Sarcasm as source of information