MNLU, Nagpur and Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board are jointly organizing International Webinar on Implementation of Access and Benefit Sharing: Sustaining Indian Biodiversity in virtual mode on November 12-13, 2021 (Friday and Saturday).
About the Webinar
The Webinar is organized to meet the following objectives:
- To develop the jurisprudence of ABS mechanism in India by critically examining existing knowledge on biodiversity and its conservation;
- To identify gaps in the legal and institutional framework on ABS mechanism in India; and
- To discuss new and emerging issues in this area like bio-piracy, conflict with IPR, the reluctance of Indian corporations and research institutions, etc.
In this scenario, issues and challenges relating to the following sub-themes are identified for deliberation:
- Human Rights and Biodiversity
- Distributive Bio-justice and Sustainable Development
- Identification and Education of Stakeholders
- Valuation of Biodiversity
- ABS and Biodiversity Act 2002 and Guidelines of 2014: Exploring the Legal Gaps
- ADR and Clinical Legal Aid
- Biopiracy: Crime against State and Indigenous People
- ABS’ tryst with Intellectual Property Rights: Conflict or Convergence
- Interface between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ABS
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts
An abstract of 400-500 words with 5-7 keywords should be submitted as an attachment in a word file. The abstract shall clearly state the aim, methodology, and position/ theoretical approach of the research. A separate covering letter containing the following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the abstract:
- Title of Abstract
- Name of the Author (s)
- Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email ID
- Mobile Number
Abstract along with covering letter shall be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the organizing committee and only shortlisted abstracts will be invited to submit final papers. The final paper should be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of the abstract.
The final submission shall be concluded within the prescribed deadline. Authors and Co-authors have to register separately. All registered candidates will get certificates, but the organisers reserve the right to publish the selected papers.
Eligibility for Paper Submission
Webinar papers are invited from Experts, Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals, Advocates/Practitioners, students and other stakeholders working in this area.
Guidelines for Submission
The full paper should be prepared:
- In the MS-Word format
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title of the paper: Font 14
- Subtitles: Font 13
- Body text: Font 12
- Spacing: 1.5 lines
- Shall range between 4,000 to 8,000 words (including footnotes)
- Submission of a paper amounts to consent to such publication and transfer of copyright to Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur, and consent to edit the paper as may be required. The author shall cooperate with the editor, in respect of such editing.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to MNLU Citation Style as available on the website of the University: https://lawc.to/3nUw0
- The work should be original, previously unpublished, and must not be in the stage of submission/ consideration elsewhere.
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the respective last dates of submission.
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of the abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of participation. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Note: Selected papers shall be published in a special issue of Contemporary Law Review (CLR). CLR provides a platform for cutting-edge research into socio-legal issues, healthy dialogue, and exchange of ideas, identification of issues and challenges, and formulation of creative and pragmatic solutions.
Presenting a Paper Students: Rs. 200/-
Faculties/Research Scholars/Professionals/Others: Rs. 500/-
Mode of Payment: The participants can pay the registration fee by using the below link: https://lawc.to/WOho1
- Deadline for Submission of Abstract: October 02, 2021
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection: October 05, 2021
- Deadline for Submission of Full Paper: November 05, 2021
- Last Date for Registration: November 05, 2021
- Webinar Date: November 12-13, 2021
Programme Convener: Ms. Trishla Dubey, Head, Centre for Environmental Law, MNLU, Nagpur: firstname.lastname@example.org, 6264030309
- Dr. Himanshu Pandey, Associate Professor of Law: email@example.com, 9827264151
- Prof. Sopan Shinde, Assistant Professor of English & Assistant Registrar (Administration): firstname.lastname@example.org, 9673772206
- Dr. Rajesh, Assistant Professor of Law
- Prof. Divita Pagey, Assistant Professor of Law: email@example.com, 9764022308
For detailed information about the webinar, click here: https://lawc.to/N7oUn
Kindly refer Legal Sarcasm as source of information