The Law and Technology Society of NLSIU, Bangalore is organizing a National Debate Competition on Competition Law and Digital Space.
About the Organisers
The Law and Technology Society of NLSIU, Bangalore is a group committed to exploring the boundless contours of the intriguing interface between law and technology. The main objective of Society is to develop up-to-date learning opportunities in this field by organizing a series of fantastic events.
The Dialogue is a research-driven think-tank working on the intersection of technology, society, and public policy. By facilitating informed policy debates at various levels, it aims to drive a progressive narrative in India’s policy discourse.
Theme of the Competition
The dynamic nature of the internet requires us to revisit the traditional frameworks and explore more enabling policies for regulating competition in digital space. To encourage critical thinking and public speaking on inter-disciplinary issues the motion for the rounds will be based on ‘Competition Law in the Digital Space.’
Guidelines for the Competition
- 2 vs 2 format
- Participants are encouraged to register in a team of two, however in exceptional cases, one can register individually as well. The OC will match the individual registrants through randomised allotment a day before the rounds.
- 6 minutes will be given to each speaker
- 1.5 minutes will be given to each team for rebuttals
- No. of Pre-break Rounds: 3
- Motions for all the pre-break rounds will be released 24 hours in advance
Students/research scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. course from any university is eligible to participate in the competition.
Note: Prior knowledge of law is not prerequisite for participation. The motions will be framed keeping in mind the interests of all the participants and short explainers shall also be released by the organisers on their social media platforms to assist the participants in their preparation.
Interested participants are required to register through the link given at the end of this post.
Fee: Rs. 100 per participant
- Last date of registration: October 21, 2021
- Date of the competition: October 23-24, 2021
- Mentorship session: All participants will be invited to attend a mentorship session with the echelons of the legal and tech fraternity on the first day of the competition.
- Exciting Cash Prizes :
- Best Team and Runners Up: A cash prize of Rs. 25,000 and 15,000 respectively.
- Semi finalist teams will be awarded Rs. 5,000 each.
- Best speaker and second best speaker will be awarded with Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 5,000 respectively.
For any further information/clarification, please reach out to The Law and Technology Society at lawtech[at]nls.ac.in
Shubh Mittal (Convener): 8604133361
Shantanu Mishra (Joint-Convener): 9140452335
Kindly refer Legal Sarcasm as source of information